A program description is addressed exclusively to affiliates. Through it you will have to convince affiliates to apply to your program and promote your site. Our recommendation is that your description is as attractive for affiliates as possible, focusing on the benefits of working with your program and not on the offer you will be promoting. In this regard, we invite you to study the campaigns that are already active in 2Performant: http://2performant.com/ to have an overview of the content delivered for this matter.
It is important to touch all the points below:
- a brief description of your online store and sold products;
- the advantages of your online store towards its clients (popular products, profitable categories, bonuses, delivery times, preferential terms, promotions, etc.);
- your online store’s target. You can add information about your client typology, with emphasis on demographic information, age, sex, etc.;
- benefits of your affiliate program (offered commission, cookie life, approval time, etc.);
- performance bonuses and other affiliate program management strategies, if any;
- Any other information that would convince affiliates to apply to your program, promote you and generate sales.
These information should be added from the Settings → General section from your advertiser account.
NOTE: Mentioning accepted or prohibited traffic sources, in affiliate programs should not be added in the description, but the programs' own Terms and Conditions. These restrictions can relate, mainly, to:
- accepting Facebook promotion? Yes/No
- accepting promotion through Facebook Ads? Yes/No
- accepting promotion through Google AdWords? Yes/No
- accepting promotion through e-mail marketing? Yes/No